Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 9 (343km): Yellowstone/Teton

Epic Waterfall
It was a very cold night. I thought we were heading south to the warmth?? I guess we shouldn't have followed the great divide. We entered Yellowstone National Park, and also Wyoming. Byebye Montana. I shall miss you. I don't know what I was expecting or why but for some reason I thought Yellowstone would look like Kananaskis. It didn't. It was some hillsides and burnt forest. But all was not lost.  I did see, for the first time, a Bison in the wild. They are pretty big and one crossed the road right in front of Alberto. We also saw some geysers and a pretty amazing waterfall. All in all it was worth the trip but I'm in no rush to go back. 
Wild bison
More up-close Bison
The Dragon's Mouth

So south we headed out of Yellowstone, through Teton, and onto Jackson, WY. Jackson was like Fernie on steroids. It kind of freaked me out a little bit and it was a bit of a chore to find a grocery store. All the shops are camouflaged in an alpine theme so you can't tell what's what. Dad picked up some beer, I guess he's off the wagon again, and we found some groceries. We travelled south-east on HWY 191 and found a nice little campground in Teton national forest.You know, sometimes I feel like I'm in that Civic Nation commercial, only instead of civics it's GSs. It Seems like all the bikers we pass, or at least 75%, are riding a GS. 
Enjoying the view in Teton NP

Camping in bear country

2 comments:

  1. enjoying your trip via your words Naomi and your photos Alberto! nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda :D
    we're having a great time!

    ReplyDelete