Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 34 (270km): Saturdays are when the magic happens


The humidity, my god the humidity. I don't think I'm designed to handle humidity very well. Being stopped on the bike is like a kind of torture, so the best thing is to keep moving, and fast. Today was the most amazing ride since arriving to Meixco I think. We may have just got lucky, or maybe Saturdays are normally quiet but we practically had the road to ourselves and it was twisty. It was actually fun riding. It was also like being on safari thanks to the plethora of wildlife sunbathing on the road: green lizards, iguanas, tarantulas, a GIANT frog/toad...
Ride break
Today something great happened. The drivers in Tecuman were both friendly and courteous. I was in shock, but also very thankful. I wish I could say the same for the rest of Mexico so far.

Somewhere between Tecuman and Playa Azul are a bunch of ecotourism camps which have nice facilities: camping, cabanas, restaurant. It was great. We passed probably about 5 or 6. We ended up staying at one and it was great. Fairly cheap camping and right on the beach. This was only the second time we've seen official camping (the other time was outside Creel). I wish there were ecotourism camps all along the coast because they are my ideal camping spot.
Our camping spot for the night

Sunset view from our tent


 

3 comments:

  1. Next time you need to take pictures of the spiders and have them on your arm so we can get a perspective of about how big they might be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good idea actually! we'll be wearing our motorcycle (protective) gear anyways :) LOL

    Cheers,
    Alberto.

    ReplyDelete