Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 188 (0km): Thy drugs are quick


I'm feeling much better today and hope to be fit for riding sooner rather than later. I of course blame Peru for my illness, but specifically the cultural custom of greeting people with a kiss. Since coming back to Peru I have received far too many kisses from strange people for my personal liking. My new policy, which was always my policy before since I am not a big fan of germs, is to more strongly push for the handshake (which is only marginally better germwise). Some people refuse to take the handshake though.

By the end of the day I was still feeling good, and I no longer had a fever. Without the fever I may actually be able to sleep so that will lead to health improvements on many fronts. We are planning to leave tomorrow and get back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment